Monday, February 5, 2007

The 2/5/07 Man Of The Week is Charles Barkley



Sir Charles is the 1st ever "Man of The Week" here at Hot Wings and Beer. Barkley earned the distinction by winning over $700,000 in Vegas this weekend. Barkley won the money by playing Black Jack and betting on the Indianapolis Colts to win the Super Bowl. Sir Charles has lost over $10 Million to gambling and once lost $2.5 Mil "in a six hour period."

It's safe to say that Barkley is a complete badass. Check out some of his great quotes from his time as a player and as an analyst for TNT:

A classic '92 Dream Team quote, after the USA played Angola and Charles had elbowed an Angolan national team member in the chest. When asked about it, he responded: "I shouldn't have done that. He probably hasn't eaten in weeks."

"I do have one question: Have you ever seen Gollum, John Clayton and Sam Cassell in the same place before?"

When Chuck was asked by the judge if he had any regrets about throwing guy through a window in Orlando he said, "I regret we weren't on a higher floor."

Charles makes it really easy, I don't have to come up with shit. You can expect me to start making up stories about Barkley so that I won't have to come up with ideas for posts. Oh wait, I guess making up a story about Barkley IS coming up with something. Scratch that idea.

No comments: